Bombay Scottish School has its origin in 1847 when a small orphanage for girls called the Scottish Female Orphanage came into being at Byculla. In 1855 a similar institution was established for boys and the two were united in 1859 under the name “The Bombay Male and Female Orphanage” which was altered in 1863 to that of “The Bombay Scottish Orphanage”. At a general meeting of the subscribers to the Bombay Scottish Orphanage held on 18th February, 1867, the Bombay Scottish Orphanage Society as it is known today was formed and established with its own constitution and rules. It came to be housed in its present location in Mahim in the year 1878. Though Bombay Scottish School was established for children of Scottish descent, it has opened its doors to all communities. In commemoration of 150 years of existence a school at Powai was established as an extension of the educational facilities to the community in its sesquicentennial year, 1997. Bombay Scottish School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi – ICSE Board.