The Scottish Zeitgeist is launched please click below
- Award Winning Performance:
At the 19th National Science Olympiad Examination Aryaa Rojekar [6C] secured the 1st position from among 42,800 students from over 1,400 cities in 25 countries.
Aryaa will be felicitated by SOF at an Awards Function on Sunday, 4th June 2017 in Delhi where she will be awarded a Gold Medal, Merit Certificate and a cash prize of R25,000.
- Scottish U-8 Team are the MSSA Title Winners:
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim clinched the U-8 Division 1 title and the coveted Ghanshyamdas Saraf Trophy at the MSSA Inter-School Football tournament after beating Cathedral & John Connon School (2-0). They were also awarded the MSSA-MI Mumbai City FC Grassroots Football League 2016-2017 trophy. Well done boys!
Reuben Thomas [2D]
Krishay Shreeram [2C]
Yashvir Shah [2A]
Rishon Nayyar [2C]
Yash Kapadia [2D]
Anmol Kampani [2C]
Siddhant Bhansali [2E]
Ali Balwa [2B]
Raghav Kanodia [2A]
- United Schools Organisation of India:
Kumar Abhyuday [7A] has secured 91% marks, placing him 3rd in the country in the General Knowledge Supplementary Test held on 28th January 2017.
- Results of the Science Olympiad Foundation Examination:
The following students have been awarded Medals of Excellence for their brilliant performance:
- 7th International English Olympiad
Josh Varghese [5B]
Anya Pinto [5C]
Adhish Kancharla [5E]
Shreyasi Poddar [5E]
Arianna Thomas [5F]
Malvika Murkumbi [6C]
- 10th International Mathematics Olympiad 2016-2017
Neev T.H.M. [3B]
Roye Ganju [4A]
Yash Muthalia [5A]
Aryan Bawari [5E]
Aryaa Rojekar [6C]
- 16th National Cyber Olympiad [Level 1]
Aarav Malani [4D]
- 19th International Science Olympiad [Level 1]
Aryaa Rojekar [6C]
Jai Bellare [5D]
Aryan Bawari [5E]
Shikhar Sehgal [5E]
- Kudos to our Transport System
On 7th February 2017 under the aegis of the Eicher Group and The School Bus and Company Owners Association, The Bombay Scottish School Transport System was appreciated and awarded a Certificate of Excellence for Child Safety at an Award Ceremony at Ravindranatya Mandir, Prabhadevi Mumbai. This is the outcome of years of hard work put in by our PTA representatives along with our Bus Manager, Mr Sunil Karnad and his team, to streamline the transport system and ensure the smooth working of the entire fleet of buses.
- Science Problem Solving Competition
On 23rd February 2017, four of our students represented our School at a Science Problem Solving Competition conducted by Saraswati Mandir Education Society.
Anirudh Fadia [7E] and Yash Fadia [7E] were winners in the Junior category. They were awarded a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 1,000 each.
Denver Lobo [9F] and Sahil Shah [9F] were Second Runners-Up in the Senior category and were awarded a cash prize of Rs. 500 each.
- American Summer Programs for International High School Students
Vaishnavi Khadatare [11A] and Varun Venugopal [11C] have been selected to attend the iLED (International Leadership, Enrichment and Development) Program from 15th July to 29th July 2017.
They will be taught by Notre Dame faculty, with a focus on International Leadership. The programme also includes courses in the Colleges of Engineering, Science, Arts and Letters, the Mendonza College of Business, and the School of Architecture.
They will each avail a scholarship of $ 2,000.
- Global Social Entepreneurship Summit
Four of our students from Std. 9 Ira Gore [9D], Neomi Jerry [9A], Arjun Mehta [9A] and Arjun Virani [9B] participated in the 4th Global Social Entrepreneurship Summit from 23rd to 25th February 2017 at the American School of Bombay. The focus was on creating an innovative and sustainable social enterprise to solve global challenges, using design process. It was an enlightening experience for our students.
- Winners of the Intra-Class Math Wizard Competition 2016-2017:
Siddhant Sridharan - Std.1
Yash Kapadia - Std. 2
Soumil Rathi - Std. 3
Ishaan Mehra - Std. 4
Aditya Srikanth - Std. 5
Aryaa Rojekar - Std. 6
Arav Dalwani - Std. 7
Ishaan Goel - Std. 8
Amruta Parulekar - Std. 9
Samaksh Judson - Std. 10
Seshasai Narimetla - Std. 11
Rushabh Kapasi - Std. 12
- Winners of the Intra-Class Spell Bee Competition 2016-2017:
Rosalyn Philip - Std. 1
Erica Colaco - Sd. 2
Neev T.H.M. - Std. 3
Zidaan Mulchandani - Std. 4
Yash Muthalia - Std. 5
Ahaan Jindal - Std. 6
Tanmay Arvind - Std. 7
Ishaan Goel - Std. 8
Dhrutvan Joshi - Std. 9
Vandana Ramesh - Std. 10
Siddharth Sarda - Std. 11
Malavika Nerurkar - Std. 12
- We are proud to announce that Nishtha Sridharan [5B] has been awarded a Gold Medal by Educational Assessment, Australia, University of New South Wales, for securing the highest grade among all participating students from India, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Maldives, Mauritius, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and the U.A.E.
- Yash Muthalia [5A] has been awarded the Asset Talent Scholar Gold Award for his exemplary performance in the Asset Talent Search 2016-2017 which is a talent identification programme that identifies, acknowledges and supports talented students at a young age and provides them with opportunities to enhance their potential.
- Rhea Sundaresan [10D] was awarded 'Student of the Year 2016' by Times N.I.E. in recognition of her outstanding academic performance for the year 2015-2016.
- Simone Irani [6F] has been awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by the Deputy Commissioner of Police Traffic, Mumbai in recognition of her participation in creating cartoon sketches on 'Road Safety' on behalf of Safe Kids.
- Abheek Choudhari [4F] has been put on the Wall of Fame by the periodical, Robin Age for twelve poems that he has contributed to their content.
He has also been selected for their Bright Sparks Award.
- Hindustan Times Scholarship Award
Abhinav Dangwal [5D] has won the prestigious Hindustan Times Scholarship 2017. He will be awarded a Trophy, a Certificate and an amount of Rs.50,000/- on 22nd February 2017, at the Felicitation Ceremony at Rangsharda Auditorium, Bandra.
- iLED AND iSPI Scholarship:
The University of Notre Dame is one of America's leading undergraduate teaching institutions that has been in the forefront in research and scholarship.
Each year, the University of Notre Dame invites exceptional High School students from around the world to explore the University's academic field of study.
With this in view Mr. Dhiraj Mehra, Director for India Initiatives, University of Notre Dame made a short presentation to the students of the ISC Section on Friday, 3rd February 2017. Two students will be selected to attend the two week study programme.
- Workshop for Teachers
Our School Counselor Ms. A. Rajgarhia and Academic Co-ordinator (Stds. 7 & 8) Ms. B. Lobo attended a seminar on 'Perspectives in School Psychiatry & Counselling held on Friday, 27th January 2017. Eminent Psychologists and Doctors addressed a host of topics related to challenges faced by students and teachers in schools from Jr. KG. to Std. 10. The seminar provided tips on class management skills and knowledge to deal with children with Special Learning Difficulties.
- Personality Development and Grooming Workshop
On Monday, 16th January 2017 a Personality Development and Grooming Workshop 'Empower You' was conducted by Ms. Ana Bredmeyer for the students of Std 12. The six hour workshop covered Personal Hygiene, Confidence-building, Attire, Posture, Body Language, Communicating Skills and Social Etiquette. Ms Bredmeyer's interesting and informative session was well-received by our students. We are sure that her inputs will hold them in good stead in the future.
- Value Education Initiatives Workshop
Times NIE in association with Val-Ed Initiatives, organized a special screening of the mega movie 'Dangal' at Cubic Mall, Chembur on 12th January 2017. Before the movie could be screened, a presentation on Value Education Initiatives and how Value Education can be integrated on a daily basis across various curriculum and school activities was shown to the audience. Ms. P. Sundararaman attended this workshop.
- Reunion - Batch of 1987
On Saturday, 7th January 2017, ex-students from the batch of 1987 along with ten of their Teachers visited School to renew their memories of their time at Scottish.
- Friday 17th February 2017 : Founders' Day Celebration
Please click here to download the details
- Anti Bullying Workshop
A workshop on Anti-bullying was conducted by Ms. M Mishra and Ms. S Poddar for the students of Stds. 5 and 6 in the months of October and November. The objective of the workshop was to sensitize our pre-teens to the different aspects of bullying to help them value empathy and to instill self-belief. It was an interactive session with enthusiastic participation from all the students. A voluntary support group of students called 'Friends of Friends' [FOF] was created so that children could stand by each other in times of need.
Six of our Primary and Middle School Teachers attended an English Language workshop on 10th December 2016 at Gateway School of Mumbai, Sion. The Workshop was very engaging as it introduced our teachers to a variety of innovative strategies in Reading as well as equipped them with ideas to facilitate group work in classroom teaching. Moreover, the workshop provided the teachers with various strategies for struggling learners.
- An Outreach Initiative
Thirteen students from our School visited Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, Parel on Children's Day, 14th November 2016. They distributed gifts and sweets to the children in the Cancer Ward. They did this with warmth and concern, stopping by and speaking to the children and their parents. The hospital authorities were touched by this gesture and sent a letter of gratitude and appreciation to our Principal.
Mudit Belwal [7E]
Pankhuri Bansal [8E]
Jahnavi Sonchhatra [7F]
Tanvi Bisht [7B]
Pooja Balasubramanian [7B]
Advika Mathai [8A]
Vihaan Menon [7E]
Ria Kakkar [7A]
Saanvi Batra [8B]
Arihant Agarwal [7A]
Shreeya K. [7B]
Tanmay Arvind [7C]
Trisha Dayani [8A]
- We are proud to announce that Bombay Scottish School, Mahim has won the Runner-Up School Award for Std. 6 at the 20th All India Open Mathematics Scholarship Examination 2016.
- Basketball Team for Scottish Cup - 2016-2017
Please click below
- Football Team for Scottish Cup - 2016-2017
Please click below
- A Lesson in Empathy
Shivraj Shah (4C) on observing the serpentine queue outside the Bank situated in his building, decided to provide the people relief in own little way. With the help of his mother, he arranged to prepare lemonade and serve the fatigued customers in paper cups. He also picked up the used paper cups and put them in the trash cans. Shivraj's actions are commendable as he set an inspiring example to his peers.
- Tata Consultancy Service IT Wiz Quiz
We are proud to announce that Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was awarded the Runner Up Trophy at the TCS IT Wiz Quiz held on Sunday, 23rd October 2016 in Mumbai. Our team comprising of Vickram Peter (12 B) and Neil Kanakia (12 A) outshone 315 participating school teams to reach the Mumbai regional final, where the top six teams were on their best display of acumen, speed and composure. It was an invigorating experience, combining the game of quizzing with testing the students' knowledge of the various sectors of Information Technology and the Internet. Our team won iPads and a host of other goodies. This was Bombay Scottish's first attempt at the TCS IT Quiz Wiz.
- A new teaching methodology in the KG section is working well with both Students and Teachers alike. 'Show and Tell' with letters is proving to be popular as Parents are enthusiastically sending objects that begin with the letter of the week. Students are encouraged to speak about the Show and Tell object they bring to School. This is to promote public speaking skills, instill confidence and create a communicative bridge between Teachers and Parents. Students are encouraged to relate the day's activities and pass on instructions / messages to Parents. General Knowledge topics are also taught in a similar way.
- DAIS MUN Conference
A nine delegate contingent from Stds. 9 to 11 represented our School at the Dhirubhai Ambani International Model United Nations MUN Conference.
Best Delegate Award:
Param Nagda [10C]
Enaksh Srivastava [10D]
Devak Bharadwaj [11B]
Abhyuday Sen [10C]
Krish Sarawgi [10B]
- International Shiksha 2016
You are invited to attend International Shiksha 2016 on 21st, 22nd, 23rd November 2016 between 12:00 noon and 4:00 p.m.at a venue close to your home. This event brings together 13 Universities, across 10 countries, to showcase their courses and to answer queries on international education.
To register please log on to www.internationalshiksha.studynetworks.org
Please click below for details regarding venue and names of Universities.
- Annual Athletic Meet (Seniors)
Please click below
- Annual Athletic Meet (Seniors) - Rehearsal
Please click below
- Std. 10 Schedule of ICSE Projects
Please click below
- Std. 12 Preliminary Examination Schedule 2016-2017
Please click below
- Stds. 5 and 6 Project and Assessment Schedule - Term 2
Please click below
- KG Section Children's Day Celebration
Please click below
- Stds. 1 and 2 Children's Day Celebration
Please click below
- Scottish Cup 2016
The Scottish Cup 2016 will be held between 12th and 19th November 2016.
There will be no Sports Coaching (Football and Basketball) for any of the age groups on 12th and 19th November 2016. All other activities will continue as usual.
Please click below for Schedule
- Snack Counter - Please click below
- Reminder : Payment of Rs.50 PTA Fee
- Reminder : Refund Of Excess PTA Fee
- Canteen menu for the month of Nov-Dec
- Orientation Programme - ISC Section
Notice for ISC Orientation Programme
- Scottish Cup :
Revised dates : Saturday 12th November and Saturday 19th November 2016
- Parent Teacher Meeting 8th November 2016
Notice for Parent Teacher Meeting Term 2
Please click below for seating arrangement for the parent teacher meeting
Please click below for school layout for Term 2
- Coco Painting and Planting Drive
To create awareness about Dengue, Bombay Scottish School, Mahim in association with Mahindra SSG conducted a Coco Painting and Planting Drive for the students of Stds. 3 to 8, on 20th October 2016. Each child brought a dried tender coconut to School with a base-coat applied on it in a colour of their choice. Each coconut was then decorated/painted in class. The purpose of the Coco Painting and Planting Drive was to highlight the importance of coconuts being recycled and re-used in a bid to check the spread of dengue.
- The Scottish family is proud of Saanvi Tripathy [3C], a volunteer for Robinhood Army in Mumbai. The RHA works in countries all over India, taking food from the privileged to feed the less privileged.
We hope that many more students will take a leaf out of Saanvi's book and be inspired to do social service.
- Trips during the Diwali Vacation
Nature Club members of Stds. 5 and 6 will be leaving for Lavassa on 24th October 2016 on a three day trip. We hope to foster in our students a love for nature through nature-awareness activities.
The UNESCO Club members are leaving for a 'Dakshin Darshan' from 25th to 29th October 2016. They will be visiting Chennai, Kanchipuram and important UNESCO sites in Mahabalipuram. We are sure our UNESCO Club members will enjoy this fun-filled educational and culture-enriched trip.
The Adventure Club members are off on a trip to Europe's most enticing country - Italy- from Sunday, 23rd October to Monday 31st October 2016.
- Art Workshop
On Wednesday, 19th October 2016 Dr. Lim Poh Teck of NAFA [Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Singapore] conducted a workshop for students of Stds. 10 and 12 on Graphic Design 3D, Fashion Design and Media. He also gave students valuable inputs on how to create a portfolio.
The students enjoyed the workshop thoroughly. Prizes were awarded to the six best designers.
- Journalist in the making
An article on Uniform Civil Code written by Abhinav Shankar Raman [11A] was published in the Teen section of DNA on Monday, 17th October 2016. Abhinav has been invited by DNA to write a weekly column for their newspaper. Well done, Abhinav!
- Workshop for Staff
Dr Tushar Guha Chairman and Managing Director of 'Nrityanjali' enthralled the teachers with an animated talk on Monday, 10th October 2016. The workshop was highly interactive and entertaining. His advice to the teachers was to love themselves first so that they could shower love on the students in their care. He also showed the teachers various exercises to de-stress, as well as physical exercises to relax their hands and eyes. The games that were organized were refreshing and enjoyable. His humorous anecdotes kept everyone's spirits high. All-in-all, it was an enriching session for the teachers.
- Visit to ISME
On Thursday, 29th September, the students of Std. 12 were invited to attend a series of workshops arranged by the esteemed ISME and ISDI Institutes.
The first workshop, on Entrepreneurship, gave the students insight into the processes involved in introducing a new business venture into the market. Through several activities, the students learnt about the challenges that could pull a business venture down and how 'Survival of the Fittest' truly becomes the key to success in a business.
In the second workshop which was on Media and Communication Skills, several interesting activities guided the students to understand how various organizations creatively formulate a marketing strategy to connect with their clients.
The third workshop was on Design and Innovation where the students had to put their creativity and imagination to the test.
In the last workshop the students participated in a business quiz which enhanced their knowledge on Indian Brands.
Finally, Ms. Indu Shahani (Director of ISME and ISDI), addressed the students. It was truly a day well spent for all the students.
- Workshop on Pedagogical Training With ICT Tools
On 8th and 9th October, 2016 the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai along with Institute of Distance and Open Learning, University of Mumbai conducted a workshop on 'Pedagogical Training With ICT Tools'. It was held at the Information Processing Center (IPC), ICT Mumbai and was attended by our Computer teachers, Ms T Abraham, Ms A Arumugam and Ms N Dikshit. The workshop was informative and trained the participants on how to use the software, 'Scratch' as a teaching aid to make learning interesting.
- Inter-School Science Fair
Four of our Std. 10 students participated in the Inter-School Science Fair 'InQuest' 2016 organized by The Cathedral and John Connon School on Saturday, 24th September 2016. The theme of the Fest was 'Water-Driving Force'
Pratham Tahiliani [10C]
Samaksh Judson [10C]
Aditya Joshi [10B]
Shiv Baratam [10C]
Team 2 won the 2nd prize for demonstrating a working model of a Steam Engine.
- Visual Art For Learning Workshop
On 17th September 2016 the British Council organized a very interesting workshop entitled "Using visual art for learning.", which was attended by our English Teacher, Ms P Pawar. The workshop was intensive and introduced the participants to the concept of using visual arts as a tool for learning. The workshop was a very enriching experience and the participants came away ready to tap into their inherent artistic talent.
- Rural Immersion Programme
Std. 10 participated in a rural immersion programme on 16th September 2016. They visited two villages - Dehna and Valwande, Thane District. It was a novel and enriching experience for the students as they got a taste of rural life with all its simplicity and hardships. The lush green meadows, the clear fresh air, the muddy slippery footpaths, the simple barren village houses, the 'bhaakri' making contest, the authentic village lunch and of course the adventurous Scavenger Hunt made the experience memorable. It made our urban dwellers more sensitive to the hardships of the villagers and also to appreciate the facilities they take for granted in the city.
- Dance Ballet
On Friday, 16th September 2016 seven Scottishites - students of Sri Rajarajeshwari Bharata Kala Mandir participated in a dance ballet in which more than a hundred dancers performed together, to celebrate the birth centenary of the legendary classical musician, Bharat Ratna Dr. M. S. Subbbulakshmi, at Shanmukhananda Fine Arts and Sangeetha Sabha, Sion.
Amruta Sundaram (9B)
Swara Patel (9C)
Saundarya Shankaraman (8C)
Sakshi Sriram (3C)
Suguna Pradhan (7B)
Vaishnavi Kulkarni (7A)
Malishka Vemu (5B)
- At the Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2016, Vandana Ramesh (10C) received the Bronze award in the U-18 category
- Technology, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Summit 2016
Our students attended the TRAI Summit 2016 held on 17th and 18th September 2016 at The American School of Bombay. They were tasked with battling l problems of the present day and provided training to become the pioneers of tomorrow, by mastering skills in the fields of Robotics, The Internet of Things and Wearable Technology.
The students left the event empowered with a structured and efficient approach to problem-solving.
Ananya Kapoor [9C]
Chintan Shukla [9D]
Komal Wani [11A]
Vickram Peter [12B]
- Poems Come Alive
On Thursday, 1st September 2016 fifteen students from Std. 6 participated in the event 'Poems Come Alive', organized by Green Lawns School, Breach Candy. 27 Schools from Mumbai participated in this annual event. The Choral Recitation team made our School proud with their excellent rendition of the piece 'A Strange Affliction'.
- Wild Wisdom Quiz
The students of Dabchick Nature Club participated in the Wild Wisdom Quiz City Level on Saturday, 17th September 2016 at Maharashtra Nature Park, Mahim.
Sanchit Jha [5B] and Vikram Unnikrishnan [5F] have qualified for the City Level Finals.
Arnav Choudhary [7F] and Vedant Kanodia [8E] stood 3rd and have qualified for the City Level Finals
- Hindi Diwas
Hind Diwas was celebrated on 14th September 2016 at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim. A special Assembly, along with a hymn in Hindi was prepared and presented by the students of Std. 4 and relayed over the P.A. System. The news was also delivered in Hindi.
Besides this, a contingent of 127 students from Stds. 3 to 10 celebrated Hindi Diwas by participating in an Inter-School Hindi Cultural Festival 'Rochak' organized by Christ Church School, Byculla. Bombay Scottish School, Mahim walked away with the 2nd Runner-Up trophy from among 20 schools.
- BEST SCHOOL AWARD FOR BOMBAY SCOTTISH SCHOOL, MAHIM
We are proud to announce that our School has won the Best School Award by the Sports Journalists' Association of Mumbai (SJAM) for the year 2016. The award is for excellence at the Inter-School Tournaments conducted by the Mumbai School Sports Association (MSSA)
At Scottish, we believe in providing our students the tools, skills and knowledge that are essential to be a successful entrepreneur, leader and social innovator.
With this in mind we are pleased to announce the EdgeMakers Programme for students of Stds. 5 to 8, an after-School activity and project - based learning programme scheduled to commence from Thursday, 1st September 2016.
- Paalak Workshop
At Scottish it is our constant endeavour to inculcate health awareness and good food habits in our students. With this in mind, we organized an interactive program on Friday, 26th August 2016 for parents of KG. to Std. 1, conducted by PAALAK - Parenting with Love and Kindness, led by Dr Y.K. Amdekar, a renowned paediatrician, and his dedicated team from the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai. They dispelled many myths regarding health issues in little children. It was very well-received by the parents, who were able to clear their many doubts.
- Leadership Series 2016
On Friday, 26th August 2016, Mr P.D. Singh - Managing Director of JP Morgan conducted the fourth session of the Leadership Series for the students of Stds. 11 and 12. The accomplished banker narrated his story in detail, while laying emphasis on the great lessons he learnt from little anecdotes that took place in his life. He talked about the significance of humility, self-confidence, trusting one's gut and learning at least one new thing every year. However, the lesson that stood out the most was that over the years he never took the mistakes he made as setbacks, but instead considered them essential learning experiences. The inspirational talk ended with an enlightening question - answer session that broke the stereotypes in the students' minds about the job of bankers.
- Filmit Workshop
On Wednesday, 10th August 2016 our students from the Spectrum Club attended Filmit (short film making workshop) organised by INTACH. The project is instrumental in building awareness about our national heritage among students. It also serves as a basic film-making programme.
- Macmillan Examination 2016
The Macmillan Examination was conducted on Thursday 26th and Saturday 27th 2016 in English, Mathematics, Science and Digital Technologies across classes 3 to 12.
- Please click below for the details of ISC PLACEMENT BATCH 16
- Scottish Child Development Programme
On 19th August 2016, a Child Development Programme was conducted for the teachers from Jr. KG. to Std. 2 and the Remedial Department. Ms. Snehalata Desai a Special Educator, Ms. S. Nagarkar a Child Psychologist and Dr. Bondre a Developmental Statistician discussed topics such as development lags in students. Emotional and behavioural development in a child and the need for Remediation for students with Learning Disability. It was well received by the Teachers.
- No Honking Drive
On Thursday 18th August 2016, Bombay Scottish School, Mahim participated in the anti-noise campaign undertaken by Times Of India in association with Awaaz Foundation. Sumaira Abdulali, Founder of Awaaz Foundation made a presentation to all students from Stds. 4-12, highlighting hazards that loud decibels may cause to the human body and environment. This presentation was well received by Students and Staff, as our School is situated a few metres away from Hinduja Hospital making it a part of a silent zone.
- Independence Day 2016:
The 70th Independence Day celebration at our School began with the solemn flag hoisting ceremony. Our Principal unfurled the National Flag and the School Band provided a resounding accompaniment to the rendition of the National Anthem by Staff and Students.
Stds. 5 and 6 put up an inspirational programme which began with the recitation of Rabindranath Tagore's beautiful poem, 'Where the Mind is without Fear'. This was followed by a short tableau depicting the main events of our freedom struggle. A street play in Hindi, firmly conveyed the message that we are a part of the solution as we are of problems such as poverty, corruption and lack of education.
The Citizenship Club of Bombay Scottish School, Mahim concluded the programme with a power point presentation that reminded us of the great men and women, both famous and forgotten, who gave their lives for the freedom that we so enjoy (and take for granted), today.
We continue to hope and believe that in this strife torn world, each of us learns to tend our own patch of ground, and put the ideals of our country into practice.
- To celebrate Librarian's Day on 12th August 2016, a seminar on Excellence in School Education was held at Shishuvan School. Our librarian Ms Pushpa Sundararaman attended this seminar which enhanced the importance of reading among students and how School libraries can be used effectively to achieve the same.
- English Workshop:
Ms. R. Alva and Ms. B. DeSylva attended a workshop on How to Teach Children Unseen Prose & Poetry Comprehension on Saturday, 6th August 2016. This workshop was conducted by Ms. Usha Pandit of Mindsprings
- Young Talent Search in Computer Programming 2016
On Sunday, 31st July 2016 the following students represented our School at the Young Talent Search in Computer Programming 2016 competition - Regional level, conducted by the Computer Society of India at Andheri. Results are awaited.
Vickram Peter [12B]
Ishaan Sood [12B]
Urit Gupta [10C]
- HFS MUN Conference
A contingent of 12 students from our School took part in the Hiranandani Foundation Model United Nations Conference which was held between 29th and 31st July 2016.
Esha Sridhar [12A] and Rushabh Kapasi [12B] won the award for Best Delegation in the Security Council. Devak Bharadwaj [11B] received a 'Verbal Mention'.
- The UEL Reading Project: Today's Reader - Tomorrow's Leader
Teachers from CASS School of Education and Communities, University of East London were at our School from Monday, 25th to Friday 29th July 2016. The one week UEL Reading programme involved exchange of teaching strategies between the visitors and our Primary Teachers from Stds. 2 and 3. This was followed by a Reading Workshop at Christ Church School conducted by Mr Wayne Tennent. Our Teachers Ms. L. Jacob and Ms. V. Bhuta participated in this workshop with enthusiasm and came away enriched.
- Indian School of Management and Entrepreneurship- ISME
At Scottish, we aim to develop independent learners and critical thinkers among our students. Keeping this in mind, on Saturday, 23rd July 2016 nine of our Staff Members attended a workshop conducted by Prof. Paul Reagan, an authority on The Theory of Knowledge. The workshop was conducted under the aegis of ISME ( Indian School of Management and Entrepreneurship) The workshop gave our Teachers an insight on meaning of critical thinking, what critical thinkers do, ethics, and ethical reasoning. The interactive workshop also focused on the value of reflection, self awareness, open mindedness and the need to think logically and clearly while interacting with students. Overall, it was an enriching experience for our teachers.
- The 2016 India Schools Marketing Challenge
On 22nd July 2016, Dr. Rob Angell (Lecturer in Marketing Research, Cardiff University) and a delegation from Cardiff University visited Bombay Scottish School, Mahim to host the 2016 India Schools Marketing Challenge. Groups of Std. 11 students took part in a social marketing activity to design a poster advertisement for improving road safety in Mumbai. This was Dr Angell's second visit to the School, and in his words, "once again, I was incredibly impressed with the Students, Staff and Facilities". Six teams competed for the main prize - a Cardiff University Trophy, to be presented to the group producing a piece of work so good that it could have been mistaken for a professional advertisement. Our students' creativity, team - working abilities and presentation skills stood out 'in spades'.
- Empowering our Science Teachers:
On Saturday, 16th July 2016 , five Senior Teachers from the Physics Department attended 'Making in the Classroom Workshop' conducted by Kristopher Linus Velez at The American School of Bombay, Kohinoor City. The workshop gave the Teachers a deeper understanding into activities, projects and mindsets needed for bringing 'Making and Tinkering' into the classroom. For our Science Teachers, it was a Saturday well spent as they found the workshop useful and informative.
Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship:
From among 80,000 participants in India, our student Urit Gupta [10C] emerged as one of the top 150 scorers in the country.
Out of the 18 participants from our School, 7 students are now Microsoft Office Specialist Certified Professionals.
The School Level winners are:
Urit Gupta [10C]
Lakshya Dugar [9B]
Komal Wani [11A]
- Refresher Course for Scouters and Guiders
Two of our Middle School Teachers Ms M Hill and Ms S Khan attended a Training Course for Guide Captains and Flock Leaders on 3rd July, 2016 at the Scout/Guide Pavilion, Shivaji Park. It was an enriching experience for our Teachers.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim excelled at 'Immaculata 2016', an Inter-School event in which 24 schools participated.
- Our students of Std. 4 won 2nd place in a gripping football tournament:
Adam Araujo [4F]
Snehal Neredumalli [4F]
Aadiv Das [4C]
Arnav Srivastava [4D]
Deeptansh Khandelwal [4D]
Jared Collins [4E]
Arjun Kanodia [4B]
- Our students of Std. 10 won the 1st place in the IPL Cricket Quiz:
Aaron Dias [10B]
Gaurav Advani [10B]
Aryan Khanna [10E]
- Avirat Purohit of Std. 9C stood 3rd for displaying excellent skills at basketball.
- Our girls' team won the 3rd place in an exciting jugalbandi of 'Lagori' and Handball:
Geeti Malhotra [9E]
Upasana Sarkar 9E]
Mallika Mathew [8A]
Pankhuri Bansal [8E]
Deniese Pereira [8F]
Simran Wagle [8B]
Tara Kyal [8D]
Avani Sukhtankar [8E]
Livia Thomas [8A]
- Aasneh Prasad [8B] and Saish Manjunath [8C] stood 2nd in a multiple task-based race called 'Lord of the Rings'
- In the Fine Arts Section, our budding artists:
Saanvi Batra [8B]
Sivaranjani Viswanathan [8C]
Rochelle Fernandes [8B]
Vidhi Bamboli [8D] secured the 2nd position for their creative artwork contrasting an ancient Eqypt with a futuristic Egypt.
- In the Performing Arts section, our students of Std. 4 once again did us proud for their depiction of three different cultures through dress and speech!
Roye Ganju [4A]
Dhruv Chopra [4C]
Anusha Sharma [4B]
Congratulations to all the participants for their effort and enthusiasm!
- LEADERSHIP SERIES - 2016
- On Friday, 24th June 2016, Bombay Scottish School , Mahim, warmly welcomed an old student, Rishabh Mariwala, Entrepreneur and Director Marico Innovation Foundation to address the students of Stds. 11 & 12. In an engaging discussion with the students, he stressed the need to be fearless, take risks and follow one's heart, as he described his journey from a shy school boy to managing his own company. His mantra for success was simple - failure is not the end, learn from failure and be resilient.
- Selections for The Inter-House Badminton Tournament was conducted on Tuesday,21st June 2016 at the MIG Cricket Club, Bandra [East].
- Notice for Online Admission For the ICSE BAtch 2016
- Notice for the students to collect I.C.S.E EXAMINATION (MARCH 2016) certificates
- ICSE Recheck of Result 2016
The last date for applying for recheck is Friday 3rd June 2016.
- Notice for the students to collect ISC result.
- ISC Recheck of Result 2016
The last date for applying for recheck is Monday 23rd May 2016.
- ICSE MARCH 2016 ONLINE ADMISSION
- Dear Parents,
The Eligibility Form for Std 10 students to gain admission to Junior Colleges is available in the School Office (timings 9.30 am to 12 noon). Kindly pay Rs.100/- (in cash only) for the same. Warm regards,
Mrs M Paul
- Recheck Request for the I.C.S.E. & I.S.C. Examinations 2016. For more details, please download the pdf below.
- ICSE & ISC 2016 Examination results will be declared on Friday, 6th May, 2016 at 3.00 p.m. For more details, please download the pdf below.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for their participation and outstanding contribution in making a Guinness World Record for the Plastic-bottles collection and Re-cycling Awareness Programme conducted by Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai in October 2015 as part of 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'.
- U.K.Study Programme : The team of 16 students accompanied by Ms Thomas (Senior Academic Coordinator) returned from the UK on 27th April after a fortnight's stay at St John's International School, Sidmouth, Devon. The staff at St John's were, in their words, incredibly impressed with this young group of Scottishites for their enthusiasm and contribution to all lessons, workshops, educational trips and games, in the time spent at the school. They put together a fabulous presentation of their School in Mumbai , culminating in the School Song. Besides participating in a Marine Biology workshop, along with a trip to Plymouth Aquarium, a Forensic Workshop, a Formula 1 Engineering Workshop, they also learnt how to prepare a proper Devon Cream Tea. The students have returned home enriched by this amazing experience.
- ISC Workshop:
Dr Kirk Plangger from King's College, London will visit our School on Monday, 25th April 2016 to enlighten our ISC section on Digital Marketing.
- Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is scheduled to take place from Monday, 18th to Friday, 22nd April 2016 for students from Stds. 1-8.
- 16 students of Bombay Scottish School, Mahim from Stds. 10 and 12 will be attending a study programme at St. John's International School, Broadway, Sidmouth, Devon, UK from 10th April 2016 to 26th April 2016. Mrs. Thomas [Senior Academic Co-ordinator] will be accompanying the students.
- The ISC Examination 2016 commenced on Monday, 8th February 2016 and will conclude on Wednesday, 6th April 2016.
- The ICSE Examination 2016 commenced on Monday, 29th February 2016 and will conclude on Wednesday, 30th March 2016.
- The following students were awarded gold medals for being among the top 25 rank holders in the Maharashtra and Goa zone at the 18th SOF National Science Olympiad on 20th October 2015:
1] Roye Ganju [3A] - State Rank 17th
2] Jai Bellare [4D] - State Rank 4th
3]Nishtha Sridharan [4A] - State Rank 23rd
4] Aryaa Rojekar [5C] - State Rank 7th
5] Pramiti Sriram [5B] - State Rank 14th
6] Sahil Rane [7A] - State Rank 16th
7] Prathinav Gupta [8E] - State Rank 10th
- Two of our students were awarded gold medals by Educational Assessment Australia, University of New South Wales, Australia [EAA-UNSW] for securing the highest grade among all participating students from India, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Maldives, Mauritius, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and UAE in their respective categories:
Advik Viswanathan [3F] and
Adhish Kancharla [4A]
- Deniese Pereira [7A] - qualified for the Girls U-14 Maharashtra team and represented the State in the Girls Sub-Junior National Football Championship held at Cuttack, Odisha.
- Arjun Pawar [7D] and Sahil Rane [7A] stood 1st at the Smt. Mukta Kotnis Memorial Inter-School Scientific Problem Solving Competition (Junior Group) held at Saraswati Mandir Education Society, Mahim.
- Pratham Tahiliani [9C] and Aditya Joshi [9B] represented the (Senior Group).
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was awarded the Runner-up Trophy for the above event.
- Our U-8 'A' team were the Runners-Up at the MSSA Mumbai City FC Football League on 11th February 2016:
Shauryajit Singh -2A
Reyansh Vora - 2A
Tanay Mahale - 2A
Aarya Bafna - 2B
Ishaan Singh - 2B
Parth Mittal - 2C
Rehaan Bhat - 2D
Devarsh Bhandari - 2F
Arnav Kashikar - 2F
- Rhea Sundaresan [9D], Tarushi Bhattacharya [9D] and Khushi Khandelwal [9A] - were awarded the prize for 'The Best Documentary Film' for their film entitled 'Kaali Peelis'.
- Vandana Ramesh [9C]
Purujit Potnis [9F]
Abhyuday Sen [9C] - were awarded prize for 'Best Original Story' for their film 'Redeeming Thanjavur'.
- Rushabh Kapasi [11B]
Calvin Alvares [11B]
Aaryaman Sen [12A] - were Runners-Up at Quizzitch - a Mathematics Quiz conducted by Infinity 2016 on 19th January 2016.
- The following students have won the prestigious Hindustan Times Scholarship of Rs. 50,000/- for the year 2015-2016 for their prize winning essays:
Ishita Somwanshi [5D]
Naina Singh [5A]
Rochelle Fernandes [7E]
Sahana Sinha [9E]
- Bombay Scottish U-10 'A' Team, clinched the MSSA U-10 Division 1 Title on Friday, 29th January 2016, after defeating:
D.Y. Patil. (2-0), Cathedral & John Connan(3-1),Greenlawns School(3-0), Vibgyor (3-0),Campion School (3-2) and St. Stanislaus (5-4) in the Finals.
The team members:
Kahaan Menda [4B]
Snehal Neredumalli [3A]
Khush Gathani [4D]
Deeptansh Khandelwal [3C]
Aadiv Das [3C]
Dhwanit Gogri [4F]
Nigel Binu [4B]
Yodha Bhandari [4F]
Diyan Savla [4E]
Adam Araujo [3D]
Arhaan Bhat [4C]
Ivaan Shringi [4D]
Arnav Srivastava [3C]
Aaron Deniz [4B]
Atish Bhalerao [4A]
Aadhitiya Nagarkar [4E]
Keith Lobo [4E]
Sachchit Jha [4A]
- The following students received medals of Excellence at the 15th National Cyber Olympiad [1st level]:
Aryaa Rojekar [5C] - State Rank 14th
Dhrutvan Joshi [8B] - State Rank 12th
Pratham Tahiliani [9C] - State Rank 19th
- The following students received the Gold Medal for securing the 1st rank in School in the above Olympiad:
Aarav Malani [3E]
Shikhar Sehgal [4D]
Ishita Somwanshi [5D]
Kumar Abhyuday [6A]
Sahil Rane [7A]
Sahil Shah [8F]
Urit Gupta [9C]
- Hindustan Times - NCPA Stage Right: Of 60 Schools that sent in their entries, Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was among the eight Schools that made it to the finals of the 'Hindustan Times - NCPA Stage Right' Dramatics Competition held on 14th January 2016 at the Experimental Theatre at NCPA.
- Ayan Agarwal [9B]- won the award for the Best Male Actor.
- The participants were:
1. Esha Sridhar [11A]
2. Neha Mathur 11C]
3. Aayushi Patkar [11A]
4. Malavika Nerurkar [11C]
5. Abhyuday Sen [9C]
6. Anshul Patkar [9D]
7. Shreela Agarwal [11C]
8. Rhea Sundaresan [9D]
9. Pratham Tahiliani [9C]
10. Aditya Joshi [9B]
11. Shraddha Mehta [11A]
12. Anoushkaa James [11C]
- Swachh Bharat Pledge:
On the 13th of January 2016, students of Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, took a pledge to follow the principles of 'Swachh Bharat Abhyan' , to bring about a much needed awareness among the students to keep their surroundings clean.
- Our boys U-12 'A' team won the Runner-Up trophy at the MSSA Inter-School Football tournament held on 16th December 2015 at Azad Maidan.
- The following students scored 100% marks in the National Math Olympiad 2nd level contest held on 7th August 2015:
1. Vikram Unnikrishnan [4A]
2. Jai Bellare [4D]
3. Riva Jogani [4D]
4. Shikhar Sehgal [4D]
5. Karunyaa Sribashyam [4E]
6. Malishka Vemu [4F]
- Ministerial Visit:
Mr. Jo Johnson MP, Minister of State for Universities and Science, UK will be visiting our School along with 5-10 Vice Chancellors from UK Universities on Friday,11th December 2015. They will be addressing students of Stds. 10, 11 and 12 on undergraduate study in the UK and various scholarships being offered for higher education.
- ON THE SPOT "D CHALLENGE"
ISDI Parsons Mumbai will be conducting a workshop for our ISC students on Friday, 11th December 2015. This 'D CHALLENGE' will give our ISC students the opportunity to explore their 'design' potential and possibly consider creative careers in design.
- The Economics students of Std 11 along with their Teachers,Mrs. S. Sen, Mrs. B. Kuruvilla and Mrs. A. Telang have the privilege of an hour's interaction with Lord Meghnad Desai, Professor Emeritus London School of Economics at St. Regis , Lower Parel on Wednesday, 9th December 2015.
- Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship 2016:
This is a global competition which tests students' proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Powerpoint. The regional round of this competition will be held on Sunday, 27th December 2015. 42 students from Stds. 7-10 have registered for the same.
- Sociology Workshop:
4 of our ISC students participated in a Sociology Workshop 'Towards an Equal World' at the Cathedral & John Connon School on Saturday, 28th November 2015.
Siyona Samuel [12C] and Esha Sridhar [11A] won Best Speaker Awards in their respective Committees.
- Constitution Day:
On Thursday, 26th November 2015, students from Stds. 1-12 celebrated Constitution Day to honour our democracy. A special Assembly was conducted by the students of Stds. 8 & 9. The Principal addressed the students briefly about the significance of the Day, besides leading the School in taking the Pledge.
- Our students participated in the Dhirubhai Ambani International School Model United Nations Conference (DAIMUN) 2015 from 13th to 16th September 2015.
Aaryaman Sen [12A] was awarded 'Outstanding Delegate'
Vandana Ramesh [9C]
Dhruv Joshi [10C]
Aryan Singh [10E]
Vickram Peter [11B]
Rushabh Kapasi [11B]
won 'Honourable Mention'
- Workshop in English and Mathematics:
Two of our teachers Ms. M. Karkera and Mr. K. Kaka attended a workshop conducted in English and Mathematics respectively, was by Podar Education Network, on 28th November 2015.
- Nanhi Chhaan National Essay Contest:
Based on their essays at the Nanhi Chhaan National Essay Contest, two of our students Sanjana Gupta [11C ] and Kashish Bhimjiani [10F] - have qualified for a one week Personality Development Programme at NIIT University, Neemrama, Rajasthan from 14th to 18th December 2015.
- The Interhouse Dance Competition 'Nritya' for Juniors and Seniors is scheduled to be held on Monday, 30th November 2015.
Theme for Juniors:
Dance Drama based on Emotions
Theme for Seniors:
Dance Drama Based on Elements of Nature.
- The Sociology students of the ISC section will be attending a workshop "Towards an Equal World" to be held on Saturday, 28th November 2015 at the Cathedral & John Connon School.
- Mathematics Workshop:
Three of our Middle School teachers Ms. M. Hill, Ms. A. Bhushan, Ms. B. Rajakrishnan attended a Mathematics Workshop at Cathedral & John Connon School on Saturday, 21st November 2015. The workshop was an enriching experience for our teachers.
- Hindi Workshop:
Four of our teachers Ms. A. Pandey, Ms. M. Naik, Ms. N. Tated and Ms. B. Vaz attended a Hindi Workshop conducted by Madhuban Publications at D.G. Khaitan School, Malad on Saturday, 31st October 2015. The workshop emphasized activity based teaching to simplify the learning of the Hindi Language.
- Seminar on Substance Abuse and Prevention in Schools:
Three of our teachers Ms. R. Dasgupta, Ms. D. D'Cunha and Ms. A. Bhasker attended a seminar on Substance Abuse and Prevention in Schools at Don Bosco Research Centre on Friday, 30th October 2015. The seminar enabled teachers to be sensitive to the growing needs of teenagers, to help them cope with the challenges they face and make a smooth transition at this vulnerable stage of their lives.
The first ever Youth Innovation Forum entitled 'Brainstorm 2015' will be conducted in our School on 31st October 2015. This is an intitiative by our ISC students to provide a platform for some of the finest teenage minds in the city to showcase their incredible achievement, thought and perspective. This year 6 gifted teenagers will each give a 10 minute talk on topics that range from Entrepreneurship and Technology to Linguistics and Music. The programme will also feature performances showcasing extraordinary talent in the Fine Arts.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim has won the Runner-Up School Award at the 19th All India Open Mathematics Scholarship Examination - 2015 for Std. 5 conducted by the Institute for Promotion of Mathematics, Pune
- The following students have made it to the merit list:
Jashaan Bokdawala - 6C
Anay Mulay - 6A
Arnab Choudhury - 6F
Aditya Choudhury - 6F
Arav Dalwani - 6F
Manas Desai - 6E
Anirudh Fadia - 6E
Natisha Shah - 6C
- Senior Sports Day:
The Senior Sports Day will be held on Tuesday, 3rd November 2015 at the PDP Grounds from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
- The ISC students will go on their 2 day SUPW Project Tour from 5th November to 6th November 2015.
- On Friday, 6th November 2015, the students of Std. 9 will spend the day in a rural setting doing community service.
- Adventure Club Trip:
Members of the Adventure Club will visit Benelux countries from Sunday, 8th November to Monday, 16th November 2015.
- UNESCO Trip:
Members of the UNESCO Club are going on an Educational cum Cultural Trip to Delhi and Agra from Saturday, 7th November to Tuesday, 10th November 2015.
- Sanjana Gupta [11C] - has qualified for the finals of the 2nd Nanhi Chhaan National School Essay Contest 2015.
- Adheesh Sharma's film 'Cuting Chai' has been selected by the Children's Film Society of India to be screened at the International Children's Film Festival in Hyderabad, in November. Adheesh is a student of Std. 10C
- 18th September 2015:
- Riya Sharma [12B] - represented Maharashtra, M.P. and Goa region at the National Declamation Competition [Senior Category] conducted by ASISC and was was adjudged the 1st Runner-Up. This competition was held at Bishop Westcott Girls' School, Ranchi.
- Rhea Sundaresan's short story 'Bound To Be Free' - won the 2nd prize at the All India Short Story Contest 2015 organised by the KiiT International School under the management of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology.
The standard of writing at this competition was so good, that Mr. Ruskin Bond who was one of the Judges found it difficult to narrow down the winners. Rhea is a student of Std. 9E.
- Adheesh Sharma [10C] - participated in the Film It India Project organized by the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage. His film 'Cutting Chai: The Pride of Mumbai' was adjudged the Best Film. The Times of India, Delhi Edition covered an article on Young Filmmakers which featured a write-up on the same on 10th September 2015.
- Our Girls U-14 Basketball Team stood 2nd and our Girls U-17 Team stood 1st at the DSO Organised Tournament held on 4th September 2015.
- Akshat Nagori [12B] and Aaryaman Sen [12A] comprised the Runner-up Team at the Inter ICSE Schools Debate Competition, Regional Level, held at Sadhu Vaswani International School on 2nd September 2015.
- Tanay Parulekar [12A] and Kanan Jhunjhunwala [12B] - stood 2nd at the Mathematical and Statistics Inter-Collegiate Fest conducted by HR College on 21st and 22nd August 2015. 175 teams had participated in this event.
- At the Cathedral Model United Nations Conference held from 21st to 23rd August 2015 Aaryaman Sen [12A] was awarded 'Outstanding Delegate'.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim secured the 3rd position in the Inter-School Choral Recitation Competition organized by the Bandra Gymkhana. The team comprised 23 participants from Stds. 7 to 10.
- Notice to Parents:
Kindly refrain from contacting coaches, trainers or assistants of your ward, throughout the duration of coaching/training sessions after School hours and/or on Saturdays.
- The following students attended the Game Jam Titans Competition 2015 Workshop [a workshop on gaming tools] at Mount Litera School, Bandra Kurla Complex on 27th August 2015.
Aryan Chaubal - 9A
Manushreshth Rao - 9A
Shubh Baraskar - 9F
Urit Gupta - 9C
Saimanas B. - 8E
Anshul Ghaste - 8A
Apurva Borhade - 8D
Arav Awasthi - 6D
- Our School participated in the Bournvita Quiz Contest 2015 held on 26th August 2015.
- The Inter-House Carrom Tournament were held on 14th August 2015.
Red House - 1st place
Blue House - 2nd place
Yellow House - 3rd place
Green House - 4th place
- The Inter-House Shooting Competition were held on 8th August 2015.
Yellow House - 1st place
Green House - 2nd place
Red House - 3rd place
Blue House - 4th place
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim will be participating in the Maharashtra Anglo-Indian CISCE Inter-School Basketball (for Girls) and Football(for Boys).The tournament will be hosted by Bishop's School, Pune from 23rd to 28th August 2015.
Art & Crafts Workshop:
- Our Art Teachers Ms. D. Vartak and Ms. S. Dewani attended an Art & Craft Workshop at Pawar Public School, Chandivali, on 21st August 2015.The objective of this workshop was to promote creativity and enhance creative skills using the latest art materials available.
- The Frank Anthony Memorial All-India Inter-School Debate Competition 2015 Category 2, Stage 2 organised by the CISCE was held on 18th August 2015 at Gokuldham High School, Goregaon.
- Diya Jain [10B] & Manav Goyal [10B] participated in this event. The topic of the Debate: 'Man is a social being in its truest sense as he has never been before'.
Category 1, Stage 2 of the above competition organised by the CISCE was held on 18th August 2015 at Pawar Public School, Bhandup.
- Siyona Samuel & Rushabh Kapasi from the ISC Section represented our School. The topic of the Debate: 'The Purpose of Society Has Lost its Significance.' Siyona Samuel speaking in opposition to the motion was awarded the prize for the 2nd Best Speaker.
- Mehek Mehta [7C] - has been awarded a Silver medal at the Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition.
- Two of our Teachers Ms. F. Golwala and Ms. N. Zariwala attended a residential workshop 'Enriching Education' organized by the British Council from 11th to 14th August 2015, at Keshav Shrishti, Bhayendar. The workshop covered the module of connecting classrooms through incorporation of 21st century skills and information technology.
- Mathematics Workshop: Our Middle School Mathematics Teachers Ms. M. Hill and Ms. S. Pandey attended a Mathematics Workshop at Gundecha Academy, Kandivali on 8th August 2015. The workshop emphasized alternative initiatives into making Mathematics interesting.
- Std. 9 UNESCO members attended the Filmit India Workshop organized by INTACH at Bhaudaji Lad Museum on 6th August 2015. Students were taught the nuances of film-making. They will now make a few short films as part of this Project.
- Results of the Inter-House Power Point Presentation on 6th August 2015:
Red House - 1st place
Green House - 2nd place
Blue House & Yellow House - 3rd place
- Students from Stds. 9 to 12 will be participating in 'Cascade' the Annual Inter-School Cultural Festival held by Jamnabai Narsee Alumni Association on 8th and 9th August 2015.
- The Inter-House Table Tennis Tournament was conducted on 24th July 2015. Overall Results:
Blue House - 1st place
Red House - 2nd place
Green House - 3rd place
Yellow House - 4th place
- In Category 1 held at Jasudben M.L. School, Rushabh Kapasi [11B] and Siyona Samuel [12C] secured the Runner-Up position. Siyona was awarded the 2nd Best Speaker Award. They have qualified for the next round to be held on 18th August 2015.
- At the Frank Anthony Memorial All India Inter School Debate held on 15th July 2015 at Hiranandani Foundation School, Powai, Diya Jain [10D] and Manav Goyal [10B] secured the Runner-Up position in Category 2 Stage 1. They have qualified for the next round.
- Gayatri Pawaskar [11B] - has won the following awards in Shooting:
1] Silver medal in the team event at the 3rd Mayor Club Rifle Shooting Competition.
2] 2nd in the Champion of Champions where she was awarded a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 3,000/-
3] 4 gold medals and 2 bronze medals and a cash prize of Rs. 18,000/- at the 60th School National Games.
4] Gold in the U-18 category and silver in the U-21 category and a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- at the All India Digvijay Singh Memorial Rifle Shooting Competition.
[Gayatri is ranked 1st in India in the U-18 category and 2nd in the U-21 category].
[Gayatri will be representing India in the Asian Air Gun Shooting to be held in Delhi in September].
- Our girls U-17 Football team were the Runners-Up at the D.S.O. Subroto Mukherjee Football Tournament 2015-2016.
- Our boys U-17 Football team stood 3rd at the D.S.O. Subroto Mukherjee Football Tournament 2015-2016.
- Aryaman Sen [12A]- was a member of the nine person Robotics team, Team R Factor that won the Inspire Award and overall championship held in Sydney, Australia. At the International level, they finished top 3 in the categories of Engineering and Design, Innovation, Community Outreach and promotion of Robotics and achieved perfect scores in an unprecedented 29 out of 30 judging categories, at a competition that featured 35 teams from 17 countries in the world.
- The following students excelled at the Ganit Pradnya Spardha Pariksha conducted by the Maharashtra Ganit Adhyapak Mahamandal for the year 2014-2015:
1] Manas Desai [6E] - Silver medal
2] Anay Mulay [6A] - Silver medal
3] Abhyuday Kumar [6A] - Silver medal
4] Riva Mayekar [6D] - Silver medal
5] Aryan Chaubal [9A] - Silver medal
6] Amit Palekar [8E] - Silver medal
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was the winner of the Owen Ferreira Trophy for Overall Championship in Football, 2014-2015.
- Notice for Stds. 10 and 12 (2014-2015 Batch)
Students of Stds. 10 and 12 will follow the Prize Day Practice Schedule given below:
Date : Thursday 9th July 2015
Reporting Time : 1.45 p.m.
Venue : Bombay Scottish, Mahim
Date : Friday 10th July 2015
Reporting Time : 11 a.m.
Venue : Nehru Centre Auditorium, Worli
Note: Students will report for practice on time and in full School Uniform.
- Mr. Mark David (June 1987-August 1997) We grieve the passing away of our beloved Principal and illustrious educationist, Mr. Mark David. Our condolences go out to his wife Mrs. Vimla David and their families.
- Our Co-ordinators Ms. S. Mehta, Ms. C. D'Sousa and Ms. B. Vasta attended a workshop on Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse, on Friday, 26th June 2015 at Kohinoor Hotel, Andheri (East).
- Aaryaman Sen [12A] - was adjudged School Topper in the EUCLIDS Exam conducted by the University of Waterloo on 22.04.2015.
- 'Captain Cool'
On Thursday, 18th June 2015, the School Captain and Vice-Captains accompanied by Mrs Francis attended a leadership conclave held in Christ Church School, Byculla. Siyona Samuel and Aryan Singh were on a panel with Captains from two other prominent city schools. Throughout the duration of the conclave the student leaders discussed issues such as corruption and gender bias and spoke about 21st century learning. Aryan Singh and Siyona Samuel were presented with I-pads for their contribution towards the Debate. The students enjoyed themselves and came back inspired to discharge their duties as leaders.
- Jr. KG - 2015-2016
Jr. KG Orientation rescheduled for Monday 22nd June 2015 at 9.30 a.m. All other details remain the same.
- Timetable for 11th standard Online Admission 2015-16
Please click below for information
The ICSE results May 2015.
- 242 students appeared and have passed.
- Udyaaksh Khera is the topper with 97.67%.
Some of the highlights of the ICSE 2015 results are as under :
- 127 students scored 90% and above
- 81 students scored between 80% and 90%
- 25 students scored between 70% and 80%
- 8 students scored between 60% and 70%
- 1 student scored between 50% and 60%
The ISC results May 2015.
- 50 students appeared and have passed.
- Trina Mondal (Commerce) is the topper with 96.4%.
- Sanat Batra (Science) is the topper with 94.8%.
- Abigail Barretto (Humanities) is the topper with 94.4%.
Some of the highlights of the ISC 2015 results are as under :
- 13 students scored 90% and above
- 21 students scored between 80% and 90%
- 11 students scored between 70% and 80%
- 3 students scored between 60% and 70%
- 2 student scored between 50% and 60%
Congratulations on your achievement. We are proud of you!
ONLINE ADMISSION FOR ICSE 2015
Option Form 1 for online admission needs to be verified by the School. Hence, kindly make a note of the following points:
• Candidates must come to school in full School Uniform.
• An attested copy of the Statement of Marks, alongwith Option Form 1, has to be brought and submitted to the School.
• Those candidates who wish to apply on the basis of the following categories : Sports, Special Difficulty or Art & Culture, have to submit an attested copy of the Statement of Marks and respective certificates, along with Option Form 1.
• The verification of Option Form 1 begins in the School Office from today, Friday, 5th June 2015.
• Timings: 9.30 a.m. - 3.00 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
Lunch Break : 1.30 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.
I.C.S.E. EXAMINATION (MARCH 2015)
1. The following certificates will be issued at School from 2nd June to 8th June 2015:
i) Statement of Marks
ii) Pass Certificate
iii) Migration Certificate
iv) Transfer Certificate
2. Students must come to School in their full School uniform to collect their certificates.
3. The Principal will attest 3 copies of each certificate. (Attestation of certificates will take at least a week)
4. Timings for issuing certificates: 09:30 am to 12:30 pm only
- For students of ISC (Std 12) 2015, the last date to submit the application for revaluation is Thursday 4th June 2015.
- ICSE MARCH 2015 ONLINE JR. COLLEGE ADMISSION
Please click below for information
- I.S.C. EXAMINATION (MARCH 2015)
1. Students must wear their full School uniform to collect their certificates.
2. The Principal will attest 3 copies of each certificate. (Attestation of certificates will take at least a week)
3. Timings for issuing certificates :
Monday to Friday
09:30 am to 12:30 pm only
(From 27th May 2015 to 5th June 2015)
- Eligibility Forms are available at the following address:
Sector 6/7, S.S.C. BOARD, Plot No. 27/28, OPP. ST. LAWRENCE SCHOOL, Sector No. 16A, Vashi. Contact no: 2766 2504
- I.C.S.E. & I.S.C. - MARCH 2015 EXAMINATIONS
Sub : Revaluation of Subjects for the I.C.S.E. & I.S.C. March 2015 Examinations
- Candidates who are interested in giving their papers for revaluation, are requested to submit a written application at the School Office, alongwith a Demand Draft for R 814/- [Rupees Eight Hundred and Fourteen only] per subject, in the name of 'Bombay Scottish Orphanage Society' payable at Mumbai.
Please mention your ward's name, standard, division, Unique ID no. and your mobile numbers on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
- Dr A T Balraj (1984 - 1987)
It is with profound regret, we announce the demise of our former Principal, Dr A T Balraj at Bengaluru on Wednesday 13th May 2015. He is survived by his wife and three children.
The Principal, Staff and students (past and present) convey their heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.
- Under the patronage of the Indian Olmpic Association, the 35th National Sports was organized from 31st January 2015 to 14th February 2015 in which Ishaan Jaffer [Std. 11] secured gold medals in swimming. He received a letter from the Maharashtra Olympic Association for his great achievement.
- Aryaa Rojekar [4B] - has achieved International Rank 1 in the 17th SOF National Science Olympiad. More than 31,500 schools from over 1400 cities, in 19 countries registered for the Olympiad. Aryaa will be felicitated by the organization on Sunday, 31st May 2015 in New Delhi.
- Aman Ladia [7D] - secured 100% marks at the National Mathematics Olympiad Contest 2014-2015.
- Student Exchange Programme to the United States of America:
- Four of our students Aditya Ravi Swami [Std 10], Aryan Singh [Std. 10], Siyona Samuel [Std. 12], Riya Sharma [Std. 12] with an accompanying teacher Ms. Pawar have been invited by the Virginia Association of School Superintendents and Faquier County Public School [FCPS] to participate in the Student Exchange Programme from 19th April to 4th May 2015. The students and teacher are currently in Virginia having a lovely enriching experience.
- Aaryaman Sen [Std. 12], Mihir Shah, Amay Saxena, Shubhankar Panda [ICSE Batch 2014] - are 4 out of nine teens set to leave for Sydney, Australia on 12th July 2015 for an International Robotics Programme. They will compete against 3.5 lakh students from across the world at the prestigious FIRST Tech Challenge [FTC]. Winners get over 13.5 million dollars in scholarship. We wish them the very best.
- To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. The year has come to a close and its time for the long summer break, a time for relaxation, rest and rejuvenation.... to read good books, to enjoy the company of family and friends, to seek out good people and learn from them. We would like to wish our students an enjoyable, relaxing vacation and hope to see them in June, refreshed and eager to start a new academic year from June 2015.
- At the Lentin Choir festival entitled 'PASSION 2015' conducted by the Y.M.C.A. the Bombay Scottish Choir secured the 1st place in the 'Traditional Category'. The winners were awarded certificates, a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/-
The following students have been awarded medals of excellence in the 5th International English Olympiad 2015:
1] Nihal Dhavale [4B]
2] Ishaan Goel [6F]
3] Inika Murkumbi [7D]
4] Eeshta Bhatt [7E]
5] Pratham Tahiliani [8F]
6] Aruja Khanna [8D]
7] Madhumitha Suriyanarayanan [8A]
8] Aditya Sundaresan [9A]
- Numismatics Club: Dr. Anand Shroff, an ex-student Numismatist addressed members of the Numismatics Club on 16.03.2015. He provided an insight into the historical aspects and salient features of the Coins of the East India Company, used in the period between 1600 A.D. to 1857 A.D. An interactive session followed in which the members of the club participated enthusiastically.
- On the occasion of Gudi Padva the Education and Sports Minister of Maharashtra Mr. Vinod Tawde has sent his good wishes and a token of appreciation to each of the following Sports persons who have brought laurels to our School, State and Country. The Sports Minister wishes to encourage our sportspersons to achieve greater heights thus making their School and families proud.
Swimming: Aditi Nazre, Ishaan Jaffer, Ishaan Mehra, Varun Patel and Manan Shah
Shooting: Gayatri Pawaskar, Pravallika Devarapalli, Yashika Shinde and Mahin Gadkari
Chess: Rahul Shukla
Tennis: Adith Chandavarkar
- Field Trips [2014-2015]
Std. 2 - Wonderla AC Amusement Park on 12.03.2015
Std. 3 - Tikuji-ni-wadi on 13.03.2015
The students had an an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Annual Field Trip [2014-2015]:
- Jr. KG. - Harish Mahindra Children's Park, Breach Candy on 12.02.2015
- Sr. KG. - Harish Mahindra Children's Park, Breach Candy on 16.02.2015
- Std. 1 - Wonderland Amusement Park, Bhandup on 04.03.2015
- Std. 4 - Yazoo Park, Virar on 27.02.2015
- Std. 5 - Silent Hills, Manor on 20.02.2015
- Std. 6 - Silent Hills, Manor on 30.01.2015
- Std. 7 - Tikuji-ni-wadi, Thane on 27.02.2015
- Std. 8 - Smart Eco Park, Panvel on 06.02.2015
The students had a whale of a time and regaled themselves with merriment and gaeity in a never-never land filled with fun and frolic.
- Six students of Std. 9 participated in the Filmit India Project organised by INTACH:
Aadheesh Sharma's [9C] film on Cutting Chai was adjudged the Best Film. Syuna Salgaonkar's [9E] film on Ganapati Bappa Morya was awarded for Best Visuals and Best Message.
- Model United Nations:
Akshat Nagori [12B] was awarded 'Outstanding Delegate' at the DAIMUN 2014 organised by Dhirubhai Ambani International School from 18th to 21st October 2014 and the 'Best Delegate' at the EMUN 2014 organised by Ecole Mondiale World School from 12th to 14th December 2014. Aryan Singh [9E] was awarded "Special Mention" in the EMUN.
- At the Sam T. Berkeley - Hill Inter School English Elocution Competition, Jezreen Mody (9D) stood 2nd and Yuvan Chugh (6D) stood 3rd among 20 schools that participated.
- At the Intercollegiate Eco Fest Elocution Competition held at St Theresa's Institute of Education, Aman Ladia ( 7D) won a gold medal for securing the 1st Prize and Tanmay Bothra (7B) won a silver medal for securing the 2nd prize . 31 schools and 19 colleges participated in this competition.
- At the MSSA Interschool Athletic Championships, Adam Alvares (7B) won the 1st place in 200mts and 2nd place in High Jump. He was also awarded the Individual Championship Trophy in the Boys Under 12 category,
Aditya Alva ( 3 A) won the 2nd place in 100 m run at the same event.
- Aadi Gupta ( Sr KG -A) won the 1st prize at the Chanakya Chess Club Championship in the Boys Under 6 category.
- Our students excelled at the Bombay YMCA 'Brainwaves ' Inter - School Competition.
Short Story Writing : 1st prize secured by Inika Murkumbi (7D)
Essay Writing Competition : 2nd Prize secured by Aman Ladia (7D)
Hindi Story -writing Competition : 3rd Prize secured by Riya Singh (7C)
Marathi Story - writing Competition : 3rd Prize secured by Sonam Myatra ( 7F)
- Aradhya Sharma [4D] - won a silver medal at the 35th Maharashtra State Taekwondo Championship.
31.01.2015 - Harsshali Mandavkar (5C) - stood first at the Shivaji Park All India Ranking Talent Series Tennis Tournament 2015 in the girls under 12 category. 02.02.2015
- Rhea Sundaresan (8D) - Has qualified for the finals of the Times N.I.E. Star Correspondent 2014-2015 to be held on 6th February 2015 at the Times of India Building
The following students have won gold medals for securing high ranks in Maharashtra and Goa zone at the 14th National Cyber Olympiad:
1. Josh Varghese - Std 3 [6th rank]
2. Aman Ladia - Std 7 [4th rank]
- Ishika Srivastava [7B] & Rohan Soni [7B] are winners of the Hindustan Times Scholarship Programme 2015. They have been awarded a trophy and a scholarship amount of Rs. 50000/- each.
- Vanessa Thacker [Sr KG F] - has won the Runner-Up title in the under 8 girls category at the Tennis Juniors Home Tournament 2015 held at Matunga Gymkhana
- Tanvi Hisaria (10C) and Teesta Rawal (10D) received special an Honourable Mention, among the entries from 11,000 institutions in Category 1 at the All India Essay Writing Event 2014 organised by Ram Chandra Mission and United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan.
- Our students participated in the Word War I -2014 Inter -School Quiz Competition organised by the Rotaract Club of Jai Hind College.
Siddhartha Goswami (9A) and Teesta Rawal (10D) were declared winners.
- Advik Viswanathan (2E) has secured the first rank for the second conscutive year with a perfect score of 300/300 in the Mental Math Competition organised by the Global Math Science Education in association with Math Vision PTE Ltd. Singapore.
- Aarya Yamsanwar (1F) secured the 8th rank among 3000 students in the Global Global Mathematics Examination.
- Hriday Bhuta (4 C) stood 4th among 200 paticipants at the MSSA Chess tournament.
- 8 students from our school participated in the' BRAINIAC QUIZ in association with BBC Knowledge for the West Zonal Round. R Siddharth(9A) stood 2nd and was declared 1st Runner Up in the West Zone and 2nd Runner Up at the All India level held in Chennai on 10th January 2015.
- It is with great sadness that we bid a final farewell to one of our retired teachers, Mrs J Mani, who passed away on Monday, 8th December 2014. Mrs Mani spent close to three decades at Bombay Scottish School, teaching Mathematics and Physical Education, dedicating a major part of her life enriching the lives of the students in her care. She will always be fondly remembered.
The funeral service will be held this afternoon at 3.30 p.m. at The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Parel and burial thereafter at Sewri Cemetry at 4.15 p.m.
- 5 teachers and 15 students of Std 10 participated in 'The Frontiers of Science'a programme at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, on Sunday, 23rd November 2014. Our students played an active role in the Ultrashort Pulsed High Intensity Laser Laboratory, Mathematical Excursion, World of Biology and Nano Catalysis laboratory. The day ended with a challenging session of question and answer session.
- On Friday 21st November, 2014, Jeremy Varghese, Soham Khadatare and Aaryaman Sen (ISC) participated in INFINITY- 2014, a Mathematics League Competition at Aditya Birla World Academy in collaboration with BITS PILANI. Jeremy Varghese was the winner of 'Clash of Titans' and was awarded the trophy for 'Mathematician of the Year - 2014' The School Team won the 'Math Challengers' trophy and were the Runners Up at 'Quizzitch' the mathematics quiz round.
- JUNIOR SCHOOL SPORTS: Schedule for Selection 50 mts flat race :
Stds 3 & 4 : Thursday, 4th December 2014
Stds 1 & 2 : Friday, 5th December , 2014
- There will be no activity/coaching on Saturday 22nd November 2014 and on Tuesday 25th November 2014 and Wednesday 26th November 2014.
- The ISC Orientation Programme for parents of Bombay Scottish School, Mahim seeking admission for their ward to Std 11 will be held on Friday 21.11.2014 from 9.30 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. in the Gamaliel Hall.
- YCPR is a youth-driven campaign which aims to create a network of CPR-trained youth citizens across the city. Through this campaign, students will receive training in Bystander CPR, with official certification and consequently will be empowered and able to impart this training to others.
The Student Council Members of our School, along with a group of selected students of Std 8 will have the opportunity to undergo this training programme on Saturday 22.11.2014.
Venue: Gamaliel Hall
Reporting Time: 1.15 p.m.
Dress Code: P T T-shirts with track pants and sports shoes.
The Programme will conclude at 3.30p.m.
- International Science Olympiad scheduled for Tuesday 25th November 2014 will be held on Monday 24th November 2014.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim will be hosting the second edition of the University Fair for parents and students studying in Stds 8 to 12 on Saturday 29th November 2014 at the School from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Central Bombay Bharat Scouts and Guides District Association held an essay writing competition for Scouts and Guides on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- Shambhavi Sharma (6F) is the winner for her essay in Hindi and Shloka Gavand (5B) is the winner for her essay in English. Both students belonged to the age group Under 14 years.
- The Inter House Basketball Tournament will be held on Wednesday, and on Thursday, 13th November 2014 at 6:30 a.m.
- The Inter House Football Tournament will be held as scheduled on Saturday, 15th November 2014 from 6: 30 a.m. onwards.
- Please note: There will be no Football Coaching on Saturday, 15th November 2014.
- PRE-BOOKED SCHOOL LUNCH: This facility will be offered to students from Monday, 10th November, whereby the student can place his/her order for a lunch packet , during the short break ,on the given day, by paying Rs 50 to the caterer and giving his/her lunch option, in accordance with the menu posted on the website.
The student will have to collect the lunch packet having his/her name on it from the same counter where it was pre-booked, during the lunch break. This facility has been provided so that the child is assured of a meal of his choice.
- The School has initiated a trial run of MINDSPARK, an internet based self- learning programme in MATHEMATICS, for one month, beginning 3rd November 2014.
- As part of this programme, each student from Stds 5 to 8 has been provided with a user ID and password to enable him/her to access this portal. The students can log in and solve problems related to the topic that is currently being taught in class.
- Students of Stds 1 to 4 will have their orientation on Wednesday 5th November 2014.
- The School will remain closed for Diwali from Monday 20th October 2014 to Wednesday 29th October 2014.
- School will re-open on Thursday 30th October 2014.
- Wishing you all A Peaceful and Prosperous Diwali.
- Tuesday, 14th October 2014 will be a holiday for the students of KG - Std 4.
Stds 5-10 will have their Assessment as per schedule. The ISC Section will have regular class.
- On 9th October 2014, the ISC Section organised a Diwali Party for cancer afflicted children in association with CANKIDS. Two days of enthusiastic preparation for the event included preparing for the entertainment programme, decorating the Gamaliel Hall and making paper bags to hold the Diwali presents for the children. The lunch, the song and dance programme put up by the students and the games they all played were greatly appreciated by the young guests.
- The Girl Guides participated in an Inter Patrol Newspaper Collection Drive. The winners were the Tulip Patrol which collected 255 kgs. A handsome sum of Rs 8,150 was earned. This amount will be donated to a social cause. The effort of our Girl Guides under the leadership of their Guide Captain, Mrs Prochi Tachakra is indeed commendable.
- The School Office will remain closed for Diwali from: Saturday 18.10.2014 to Saturday 25.10.2014
- The School Office will work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday 27.10.2014, Tuesday 28.10.2014, Wednesday 29.10.2014
- There will be no after School activities from Monday October 7th to Friday October 17th 2014. However, activities scheduled on Saturday will carry on as usual.
- Our School participated in Derek O'Brian's 'Faster, Smarter, Better Challenge', on 27th September 2014 at Ryan International School, Malad. They were declared 1st Runners Up and awarded Silver medals. The team members were Jeremy Varghese (12A), Manav Goyal (9B) and Aryan Chhabra (8D)
- Jaikrit Bhattacharya (5A ) has won the following prizes at the I.G.U. WEST ZONE SUB JUNIOR & FEEDER TOUR 2014 held in Ahmedabad from September 19th to September 24th .
i) Longest Drive at the Gulmohar Greens, Ahmedabad.
ii) Highest number of pars at Kalhaar, Ahmedabad.
iii) Winner in his category at Kalhaar, Ahmedabad.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim participated in the Inter-School Gojukai Karate Competition. Our Team secured 3rd position in White Belt Basics.
The participants were : Kimaya Manoj, Kesiha Kaba, Rishi Ahuja, Neerav Reddy, Shaira Goyal, Arnav Singh Khanduja and Sumedh Desai
- 11 students of the ISC Section will attend a workshop on Rudyard Kipling, organised by Ashoka University on Friday 26.09.2014. The workshop will explore the study of British Colonial History through the writings of Mr Kipling. The workshop will be held at Kamal Nayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Nariman Point.
- Delegations from Bombay Scottish School Mahim, comprising avid and passionate debators from Stds 9 to 12, will be participating in the Model United Nations Conferences to be held from 19th to 21st September 2014 at B D Somani International School, at the Hiranandani Foundation School from 20th to 22nd September 2014. and at the Dhirubhai Ambani International School from 17th to 20th October 2014
- 24 Students from Stds 6, 7 & 8 are participating in ROCHAK, a cultural festival to celebrate Hindi Divas at Christ Church School, Byculla on Saturday 13th September 2014
- Rifle Shooting Competition:
This will be held on Saturday 20th September 2014 at 8.30 a.m.
- The Adventure Club will be going on a trek to Lohagad on Saturday 13th September 2014
- Our Prime Minster will be addressing school children this afternoon between 3:00 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. The Prime Minister's address will be beamed live by the National Channel Doordarshan. For Stds 3 - 12, the key points of the Prime Minister's Address are to be noted and learnt for the school to evaluate in the forthcoming Assessment.
- As part of their SUPW Program, the students of the ISC Section will go on a field trip to GOVARDHAN ECO VILLAGE, Thane District, on 30th Sept and 1st October 2014.
- The School will be closed for the mid-term break from 29th August to 2nd September, 2014.
- The First Term Assessment of the ISC Section commenced on Monday, 25th August 2014.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim hosted The Frank Anthony Memorial Inter School Debate, Category 1, Stage 2 on Friday, 19th August 2014. S.N. Kansagra School, Rajkot, emerged winners of this prestigious Debate Competition.
- There will be no Extra -Curricular Activities on the following days:
i) ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
ii)Tuesday, 2nd Sept 2014 & Thursday, 4th Sept 2014 (no after school activity)
- On the day of the Parent-Teacher Meeting (Friday 8th August), Crossword Bookstores Pvt. Ltd and Scholastic India will hold a Book Exhibition in the Gamaliel Hall, from 8.45am to 12 noon.
- On Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th August, dentists and eye specialists from SMILE VISION will conduct an interactive workshop for the students of Stds 5 to 12 to enlighten them about eye-care and dental-care.
The First Term Assessment of the ISC Section scheduled to be held from Tuesday, 12th August to Thursday, 28th August, 2014 has been rescheduled. The First Term Assessment will now be conducted from Monday, 25th August to Thursday, 28th August and Wednesday, 3rd September to Friday, 12th September 2014. The Assessment Timetable will be notified soon.
- EVACUATION DRILL : It is a safety requirement for all institutions to conduct regular evacuation drills. In this regard, we would like to inform you that the school will be conducting mock drills under the guidance of a Professional Crisis Management Team, involving Teaching and non-teaching staff and students.
- A Leadership Training Programme for all members of the Student Council will be held on Saturday, 12th July .
Reporting Time: 8:45 am
Programme Schedule : 9:00 am to 3:00pm
Dress Code: School PT T-shirts and full length trousers/jeans.
- Schedule for Rehearsal for Prize Day 2014.
- ISC Section: First Term Weekly Assessment (20 marks) for Stds 11 & 12 will begin from the week starting Monday, 16th June 2014. The timetable will be notified.
- ICSE Section: First Term Weekly Assessment (20 marks) for Stds 9 & 10 will begin on Monday, 23rd June 2014. The timetable will be notified.
- Online admission for ICSE 2014
- Parents may enroll their ward for the various curricular and co-curricular activities on 10th June 2014.
- Announcement for ICSE students
- Announcement for ISC students
- Revaluation Guidelines for March 2014 I.S.C. and I.C.S.E. Examinations.
On Payment Gateways:-
Before making any Payment Please make sure You have selected the Academic Year 2014-2015
Sibling Cases - To pay the Fees for the Academic year - 2014-2015, through the Web-Portal, the parents need to use the Senior Siblings - User Name /Login ID and Password to access the "Finance" module for both the siblings. It is valid for siblings appeared for Boards of Std X in 2014.
Non - Sibling Cases - To pay the Fees for the Academic year - 2014-2015 through the Web-Portal, the parents need to use their existing - User Name/Login ID and Password to access the "Finance" module. The Login Page, by default, the Academic Year will be shown as 2013-2014 till 31st May 2014.
- Announcement regarding Booklist for the academic year 2014-2015.
- The ICSE Examinations 2014 have concluded; the ISC Examinations 2014 will conclude on Tuesday 1st April,2014.
- The 2nd Terminal Assessment for Standards 5 to 8 will commence on Tuesday 1st April,2014. Students may view their answer scripts on Tuesday 15th April, 2014.
- The students of Jr KG and Sr KG will have their Musical Morning on 9th and 10th April,2014, respectively.
- 32 Guides from Standards 5 to 8 will be off on their Annual Guide Camp, to Lonavla, from 11th April to 14th April,2014
- ICSE Batch 2015 and ISC Batch 2016 will commence on 1st and 2nd of April respectively.
- The ICSE and ISC Examinations are in progress. They will conclude on March 26th and April 1st respectively.
- School Web portal will be closed from 19th February 2014 to 25th February, 2014. Click here for details.
- Monday, 17th February is the much awaited Inter House Dance Competition-Nritya
- Tuesday 18th February is Founders' Day- a day when the alumni renews their bond with their Alma mater
- ISC 2014 Practical Examinations have commenced. Theory papers will commence from February 25th. ICSE 2014 Examinations will commence from March 3rd.
- Anoushka Agarwal and Reagan Rodrigues qualified for the Semi-final of the Inter-School English Competition conducted by the YMCA
Classes for ISC 2015 have commenced in full swing from 20th January.
- Valedictory Functions for Std 12 & 10 were held on 17th & 24th January respectively.
- Republic Day Celebrations began with the hoisting of the National Flag, followed by a solemn Prayer Service. Students of Std 5 & 6 put up 3 very meaningful skits in Marathi, English and Hindi, to highlight National Integration.
- Admit Cards and Time Tables have been given to the ISC & ICSE students for the 2014 Board Examination.
- Parents of students of Jr KG to Std 11 will visit the School on Friday, 14th February- Open Day. A presentation will also be made to the parents of the students of Std 8 regarding choice of subjects in Std 9
- 8 students from Stds 8 & 9 will participate in an Inter-school Elocution Competition, Youth for Governance 2014 Event' Elimination Round: 13th & 14th January, 2014
- The PTA of St. Gregorios High School, Chembur conducted an Inter-School Short Story Writing Competition on 7th December,2013. Anukta Jain(Std 7), Kaezryn Mistry(Std !)) & Kunal Pradhan(Std 11) participated. Results awaited.
- Aarya Satpute(std 9) has been shortlisted for selection to this year's Mumbai Under-14 Cricket Team.
27-11-2013 to 29-11-2013
- School will remain closed for the students of Jr KG to Std 4 from 27th to 29th November on account of the Annual Athletic Meet(Seniors)
- One Nation Reading Together from 12 noon to 12.30pm after taking the Reading Pledge put up on the website.
- Rehearsal at PDP Grounds
- Annual Athletic Meet
- General Knowledge quiz for UNESCO Members
An Appeal to Parents:
- If your ward comes to school by car please request the driver to strictly follow all traffic regulations.
29-10-2013 to 10-11-2013
- Diwali Holidays from Tuesday 29th to Sunday 10th Nov. School reopens on the 11th of Nov. 2013.
- Children's Day Celebrations. Intra Class Art Competitions will be held for Stds 1 - 4.
- Math Wizard Std 11 & 12
- Term I Assessment for Stds 1 - 10 will be held from the 14th October.